Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy 57th Anniversary

...to my mom & dad.

I was their 3rd anniversary present, on the longest day of the year. When I was little it always felt like a festive week with 4 celebrations, cause it was just after Father's day and my mom's birthday was 2 days after mine.

My mom always had a party every year for each of us kids' birthdays, she didn't have a very happy childhood. I always thought that was the norm for everyone until one year a friend commented on how cool that was.

So, now that I look back on it, their anniversary never overshadowed my day, isn't that just like good parents.

They would still go out to dinner and a show, or a weekend getaway. When I turned 12 they went on a week long trip and mom sent my cake (she was a cake decorator) with me to stay at my grandma's, where we watched the moon landing.

1 comment:

Cherdecor said...

Happy Anniversary to you parents and Happy Birthday to you. What a sweet picture of both of you! You were blessed to have great parents.

I mentor a girl who is 24 years old who was given up to foster care right after she was born because her mother was on crack. She was blessed to be adopted by Christian people who have taken good care of her.