Sunday, December 9, 2007

Tagged Again

I was tagged for another meme last week, by Amy at Laughing Through The Tears, but didn't know it til yesterday because I've had to cut down on blogging time.
It looks like fun, but it is a little too long for me, so I might be brief, and I cut out '4 people who e-mail me regularly'. I like to keep most of my posts on the short side if possible because I have too much going on this time of year. So here goes.

4 jobs I've had:
1. Sears (in the sign printing room, back in the day when they had to print up their own product signs) (1 year)
2. College cafeteria 3x week (4 mos.)
3. College Dean's house cleaner and babysitter 1-2x week (4 mos)
4. Revco drugstore, cashier and stocker (6 mos)
I think this is the only outside work experience I've had. I had a few steady babysitting jobs for working mothers, and I've tried Avon for a few months. No Soc.Sec. checks for me.

4 movies I would watch over and over:
I watch a LOT of the movies I like many times, but I'll pick some types
1. Most classic musicals: Fiddler on the Roof, Yentl, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Singing in the Rain
2. Movies based on classic books: Captains Courageous, Swiss Family Robinson, Old man & the Sea, Tale of 2 Cities, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn
3. Period settings such as Jane Austen, Dickens, Bronte; - Pride & Prejudice, Washington Square, Bleak House, Great Expectations
4. Movies based on true stories
5. Christian movies
6. Disney
7. Old 40's super stars
Help! I can't stop!

4 places I've lived:
1. Hometown (Detroit suburban outskirts)
2, 3, 4, 5. Indiana -all within a 10mi. radius for the first 2 years we were married. Been at #5 for 31 years now As long as I'm with Steve, I'll move again.

4 TV shows I watch:
Too many to pick, check out my profile.

4 places I've been:
1. Colorado family vacation to visit a long lost relative (10 yrs old)
2. Tahquamena Falls, upper peninsula & Mackinaw Island (separate trips - 17, 42, 49 yrs old)
3. So. Carolina - "the Wilds" church camp, Awana trip chaperons with my hubby.(20 yrs old)
4. Scotland - to visit Deliverance & Josh while Josh was going to U. of Edinburgh, with my favorite companion, Steve (51 yrs old)

4 favorite books:
1. Bible
2-4. All the others (again, see profile)

4 places I'd -rather be- like to go (for now):
1. Scotland again
2. Plimoth Plantation English Village, Indian homesite and Mayflower II
3. Creation Museum, Kentucky
4. I usually would rather be on the couch !


4 things I'm looking forward to next year:
1. Getting my "catch-all" basement straightened up, at least a little
2. All my family members being alive & healthy
3. Visiting my folks in Michigan 3-4 times
4. Being married to Steve for another year

Sorry I couldn't be more interesting, it's late, I'm impatient because there's things to get done before Christmas.

2 comments:

Nise' said...

Fun getting to know you! I love period movies as well and of course, chick flicks! Love the pictures of your dog!

Faith said...

I was reading that you want to go to Plimoth Plantation. Well, feel free to visit my blog and look under the label Around our House and you can read a little about how my husband's ancestors came over on the Mayflower and Speedwell....if you ever can, do come this way for a trip to that part of MA...you will love it!