Thursday, November 8, 2007

Birthday Girl


My daughter Deliverance had her 31st birthday yesterday. She was a Bicentennial Baby. Not just because she was born in 1976, but also within Election week and she was 19" 7#6oz. Steve & I, as very young, ignorant parents, privately dedicated her to the Lord as we leaned over this brand new real person on our bed. Every night we prayed that she would always seek the Lord's Will for her life, that we wouldn't mess her up too much, and also prayed for the boy who would be her husband if she were to marry. Yesterday, she and Josh, her wonderful husband of 6 years spent a relaxing day at our house. We watched some home movies and later looked through the old photos so she could pick out which ones she would allow me to post here today(he-he). It was hard to limit them to these 6.

She was always her dad's model whenever he practiced his photography skills as she was growing up, whereas her brother, Stevie, would never hold still. Remember the Spiral Perms? She's to the audience right of her friends. Happy Birthday Honey


6 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, this was SO sweet!

Steph

Josh and Deliverance said...

Thanks for the relaxing day and the yummy CHOCOLATE cake! I don't know if I should let you reveal my age though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Reading your post made me well up inside. To think you had a baby and... she's all grown up! I know that sounds stupid but, as the mother of two very little girls, I somehow don't believe they ever will really grow up... but they will.

Ever since I had mine, I've felt that a child's birthday is really much more about the mother than the child. After all, you did all the hard work on the day. So, congratulations to you, on 31 years of motherhood.

As We Sail... said...

Deliverance- I'm a lot older than you and I tell those who are hesitant to ask, that I'm grateful to say that the Lord has given me the gift of 51 years of life.

Strawberry- True each birthday is also about the mother. It causes you to reflect on the past, as well as the future - their's and your's.

Anita Marie said...

I've just put two and two together and realised you are Deliverance's mother. I'm so glad to have you posting comments on my blog. I've never met De in person but have enjoyed getting to know here through American Expats. Hope you don't mind me adding your blog to my list.

Mimi's Toes said...

This picture of the friends bring back so many happy memories. I can remember them singing That Friend's song all the time. Love these girls as if they were my own daughters....I am so glad they still remain close friends...